R D CASTINGS Ltd supply engineering components as a subcontractor. The company’s operational activities pose a potential risk to the environment.
The company operates a Company Environmental Policy which aims to prevent pollution and minimise the risk of damage to the environment through clear and defined policies and procedures.
The company is committed in its efforts to manage its impact on the environment through continual improvement, compliance with legislation and better working practises.
In order to promote our commitment to the environment, employees are educated and trained in environmental issues and the effects of their activities on the environment.
The company’s Environmental Policy aims to address areas including:
- The reduction of the impact our transport fleet has on the environment
- The reduction, re-use and recycling of packaging used within the organisation
- Efficient use of water & energy
- The use of biodegradable chemicals
- The aim to reduce the use of solvents
- The use of timber from sustainable and managed forests
- Procedures to minimise noise disturbance to neighbours
- Close monitoring of materials & processes under RoHS, REACH & Conflict Minerals legislation
- The reduction of CFC’s and ozone depleting substances
- Continual review of this policy
R D CASTINGS Ltd are committed to ensuring that The Company Environmental Policy is communicated to everyone within the organisation and that it will become best practise and underpin all areas within the business.